Integrate a machine learning model into Dynamo to be used for Generative Design purposes

Ok, yes in my cas i can’t generate GD at all onceIcall a pretrand model.
I can’t solve the problem. I hope if we can

1 Like

@jacob.small Do you have any suggestion? Thanks in advance

1 Like

If it requires ton of memory, or if it requires more than one thread, or if it requires direct interaction with a single file, it is likely not suited for use in Generative Design as the tool currently stands.

That said, I am not an expert with your AI model, so those may not be blocking you. Without access to that full data set I can’t really say what the issue is, and I don’t have time to dig into other side projects at the moment due to a bunch of stuff in my personal life (all good, but spare time is pretty much all going to that stuff at the moment).

What is it that you are evaluating for, and how much do you really need an artificial neural network to accomplish that it in the context of GD?

1 Like

Thanks Jacob for your reply. And I totally understand you! No worries at all, I’ll continue working on it because I believe there is a way! I’ll get back to this page and post my thoughts/solution once I’m done. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @ritaselias

I try to over come the problem by use optimo pakedge for Genetic Optimization NSGA-II, insted used GD tools in dynamo. It work greate.

If you have any progress to use GD tools please let me know

eq4.dyn (34.2 KB)
pretainModel.dyf (10.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this. I’ll continue working and will let you know my thoughts

1 Like

Update: My previous desktop was reaching the memory threshold (as per the resource monitor) and was overloaded. So, I decided to upgrade to a new desktop that has 24 cores and 32 logical processors. The GD study now obviously is running much more quickly than before, and the system is not overloaded anymore. However, I am still getting outputs with no value. I am afraid that some nodes are causing some GD issues. Do you have any idea where I can look for potential root causes of that problem? Any help is much appreciated!!

1 Like

NEWS: My GD study ran and generated design solutions with values. The issue was solved by upgrading to a new more powerful desktop and making sure that the dependencies folder has all packages included (hint: a study/Dynamo graph with a short name can do the trick and saves all the packages properly).

To follow: I will share the paper here once I’m done with my Ph.D. dissertation defense!

5 Likes

congratulations :confetti_ball: :clap: :bouquet: :partying_face:

Thank you very much!! So excited!!

1 Like