How to make closed poly curve for extrusion/outline for floor?

Hi all,

I would like to make a floor from modelline imported from cad, but I have no idea how to make it a closed curve … appreciate any help/guidance , thanks

the line like this in overall

I have just re-created something similar. See workflow below.

With the above workflow in mind… Possibly all you need to do is feed your “PolyCurve.ByjoinedCurves” node into another “PolyCurve.ByjoinedCurves” node. (ie. joining the polycurves together into 1 polycurve)

Let me know how you get on?

Jack.

hi jack,
it doesn’t work for me, is there a method to check whether there are any tiny overlapping line ? and small gap between curve , because autocad line can be messy sometimes

Geometry.DistanceTo and Polycurve.JoinCurves will help here.

I did a offset seem like the curve is on different vector…

Have you tried isolating all of these lines in CAD and then using the ‘flatten’ command?

Then you should be able to use the “PEDIT” command and “join” sub-command, using a fuzz distance that is greater than whatever gap distance you might have between lines (shouldn’t be that big else you’ll notice it visually anyway).

Try the above and then re-run the dynamo?

P.S. it is of-course possible to change the z value of all curves with dynamo and likely possibly to join them to get rid of any gaps but for me personally it would be quicker to do those 2 steps in CAD as i’m not as smart as most others on this forum when it comes to dynamo!

Good luck,

Jack.

Hi Jack , thanks for reply I tried that on autocad, anyway I used detail line for now, instead of floor ,

thank you !