How to extract python code from a node

Hello,

I’m working on a model-checker based on Dynamo, which is supposed to be used by a large amount of coworkers.
My model is using Rhythm and Archi-lab nodes, and I’d like to avoid having to install the packages on every computer.
Is there a way to recreate a node by copying the code into a python node ? Is it available somewhere and free of use?

In advance, thank you for your time.

1 Like

If your co-workers all have access to a certain part of a network (server) you can place the packages there and everyone can use them. You just need to set the package path for everyone.

2 Likes

It could be a way of solving it, but I was hoping to know if the duplication of a node into a python script was doable.

coping is not neat, that’ s why most of them go zero touch (dll)

1 Like

It’s better to place the package on your network, btw if you want to extract the python code behind the nodes you can do that, as long the node is a custom node (like 2 nodes slightly overlapped). Just double click on the node, and you should find the python node.

1 Like

Code for archi-lab.net is open source: https://github.com/ksobon/archilab If you are going to translate all of the C# code into Python, please make sure to cite the source. Other than that I don’t see an issue.

Ps. What you will miss though, is all of the updates, fixes, new features etc. What you will get is extra work of maintaining this code now. I totally understand why you would want to do that though.

5 Likes