How do I perform a calculation on a Python Script node using values calculated on another node?

I know this is a very basic question, but I would be happy if you could answer it.
As you can see in the image, I am trying to make a calculation using the value received at IN[0].

However, I am getting the following error and it is not working.
How can I make the calculation work?

Node Name: Python Script
Package: Core.Scripting
Dynamo Version: 2.16.1.2727
Host: Dynamo Revit
Messages: TypeError : can only concatenate list (not “int”) to list [’ File “”, line 8, in \n’].
State: Warning

You have a list with one number in it.

If you take the number out of the list, it will sum just fine, but you cannot add 100 and a list.

Add a for loop, utilize list comprehension, or remove the list structure.

I know this is very generous of me, but can you give us a specific example (script)?
Here is an example I came up with

input_list = IN[0]
if isinstance(input_list, list) and len(input_list) > 0:
R = float(input_list[0])
else:
R = 0.0

S = R + 100.000
OUT = [S]

For loop:

inputList= IN[0]
if not isinstance(inputList, list): sys.exit("The provided input is not a list. Make sure you're feeding in a list to the input or this message will just keep happening.")
results = []
for i in inputList:
   r = i+100
   results.append(r)
OUT = results

List comprehension:

inputList = IN[0]
if not isinstance(inputList, list): sys.exit("The provided input is not a list. Make sure you're feeding in a list to the input or this message will just keep happening.")
r = [i+100 for i in inputList]
OUT = r

Work with non-list:

input = IN[0]
if isinstance(input, list): sys.exit("The provided input is a list. Make sure you're feeding in a single number to the input or this message will just keep happening.")
r = input+100
OUT = r