Group Rooms by ID and Use

Hi!

I´m new to dynamo but have a lot of experience with grasshopper, so I´m familiar with the basic concept.
My problem:

I have an apartment complex with 48 apartments, each one with either a garden, balcony, terrace or all of the above. I know how to filter and group all my rooms by “Apartment ID” (e.g. 1.01, 1.02, …) but I need help dividing them further in “subgroups” for garden, balcony, terrace and the rest so I can get a total area for every “category” in every apartment.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hey,

Slightly confused by what you’re after…

Garden 20m2
Terrace 10m2

Garden 25m2
Terrace 15m2

Is that right? From your description it sounds more like…

Garden
1.01 20m2
1.02 25m2

Terrace
1.01 10m2
1.02 15m2

A screen grab of your graph so far will help… if you zoom in so you can read the text of a node, go
file > export workspace as image , it will output a readable pgn of your whole graph.

Cheers,

Mark

Sorry.

You´re right, I want to achieve the following:

Top 1.01
Living area 100m²
Garden 50m²
Terrace 12m²

Top 1.02
Living area 100m²
Balcony 10m²

Top 1.03

Hey, cool thanks…

Hopefully this works for you… It should show you some of the things you’ll need to do at least…

GroupRooms.dyn (16.7 KB)

Cheers,

Mark

Edit: It would be good to know your end goal, if you’re looking to output to Excel, the data structure might be very different…

1 Like

Thank you.

I´ll give it a try asap. My first goal is to set each parameter for my “Top ID Element” (see attachment) and then, of course, export to excel. But I´ll try to figure this one out for myself. If not, I´ll contact you again :wink:

Thanks

1 Like

Hey,

Good luck :slight_smile:
So when you export to excel, say you want something like this…
You will need lists a bit like this…

Flat
Name
Area

Bedroom

Empty
Bathroom

Empty
Balcony

Here’s an example which you could maybe customise… All the headers are different, but it should help you get the idea…
RoomExcelExample.dyn (65.3 KB)

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you so much.

Both files really help a lot.

1 Like

Hi! Do you happen to have the finished script? How did you manage to get the ‘Top’ number to write back to a tag? Any help would be appreciated!