Group point by Point Z

Hi guys, I would like to group curves by Point Z to create 2 surfaces (top and bottom);
however it doesnt work… does anyone know why?

thanks guys

What is it you want to do?

Eg. If you want top & bottom surfaces then you select Element > Explode > get faces > get normal at faces and filter out normals with + & - Z vales to get top and bottom.

I love you !!! Thanks my friend

I love you but it doesn’t work for me… I can’t get faces , not any node works… the goal is that according to what I select, I pick the the top and bottom surface, so that way I can have the perimeter, and recreate walls following the curves. the top and bottom surface allow me to get the height of the wall

Element.GetParameterValueByName is for Revit elements. Also, you already got the Z coordinate with Point.Z. Use that value for grouping but be sure to keep the same list structure.

Hi Nick,

thanks for your help,

How do you group by value without getparametervaluebyname? is that possible?
I never seen another way eheh !

List.GroupByKey is used to group the objects. The method in which you get the value is irrelevant.

But the key requires a parameter no?

The key is just a value. As long as it can be sorted that’s all that matters.

Awesome thanks brother! I will try something out!

1 Like

I dont succeed to retrieve bottom or top surface without doing it manually… If I try using faces, and lock my view into bottom, it still gives me entire geometry surfaces… I am quite discourage.