Grid Line location Parameter

Hey Every one,

I’m wondering how could I create a script to identifies the position of the families according to the grid line. As the attached photo.

Thank you.

Have some fun with these nodes, it is just a first step.

Thank you for replying. I actually have started my script like this, but I don’t have idea how to do the rest of it.

You want your script to put the same Number / Letter into the comments parameter?

Do you want something like this?

Set Parameter By Name Closest Grid Name.dyn (26.5 KB)

1 Like

Yes. Thank you for replying! I will check if it works.

Hi,

I’ve got issue in this code.

Hi @titomoura

Right Click Geometry.DistanceTo node and change lacing to Cross Product

Thank you for responding me, but it still hasn’t worked.

Your list level on “First Item” / “List.IndexOf” is incorrect, but i shared the dyn file so you can just download that script with all lacing and list levels set correctly!

1 Like

The file is corrupted, I’ve changed the Level but I couldn’t find List.IndexOf in my Dynamo, I’m using 1.3.2.2480. But Thanks anyway!

Oh that is why, i am using Dynamo 2.0.3, but glad that it works :slight_smile:

Sorry but it didn’t work. I said thank you for you response. I actually download Dynamo 2.0.3 to run you script and tested it.

Oh sorry i misunderstood you then, does the version in 2.0.3 work for you? If it still doesnt work for you i would be glad to help you out further!

I’ve got this issue.

I actually have found a script that have done part of the job but it still hasn’t achieved what I want to.This script was able to rename one of the families according to the intersection where it was placed, but I need to rename it according to the grid line that it is in C-D/1-2.

Another issue that I found is the script “clash” when I select the ledgers(Structural framing family). It rename all the ledgers in the projects with the same location.

Thank you one more time and I apprecite your effort.

FamilyNearestGridLocation.dyn (24.4 KB)

1 Like

Oh i see, you want to rename the Comment Parameter to have the closest Horizontal and Vertical Grid Line.
Let me take a look at that.

Hey, i have worked out a complete script, is this what you are looking for?
PS: I marked the nodes in which i changed the lacing / list level(s).

Left Side:

Right Side:

Result:

File: (Dynamo 2.0.3)
28-01-2020 Set Parameter By Name Closest Grid Name.dyn (43.6 KB)

Hi,

Thank you again, it runned but it doesn’t change the parameter.

That is very odd, could you maybe share a screenshot of your dynamo file? And also please unfold the list of the “SetParameterByValue” node. With that i mean that you can see the data that is going through the node. :slight_smile:

That here what you asked for. Do you believe the reason that is not working is because I’m drawings structural families?