Grid Bubble Help

hello all,

first and foremost I want to make sure that I state that I am still a noob when it comes to dynamo and most things with it. I try and read a lot of posts and rather than just downloading a script I try and look at it and recreate it from what I am seeing. but enough of that.

I have found a few posts on gridlines and grid bubbles and i am wanting to convert these two scripts into one if it is possible. also I noticed that on the one (_TOGGLE GRID BUBBLES) when the Boolean is set to true, it turns on grid bubbles at the ends of each of the gridlines. if I turn it to false it will place them on the bottom and the left for some views and on some others it will be on the top right. not sure as to why this is happening. I am pretty sure that this has something to do with the Python script (which I really have no clue about this)

I am trying to slowly learn more about Python but it is coming very very slow. so really any help is greatly appreciated.

my ultimate goal is to have the grid be set to a given distance (in _Set Grids to Crop it is set to 1MM) and then have all the grid bubbles show up only on the top and the right.

thanks in advance.

_SET GRID TO CROP.dyn (28.5 KB) _TOGGLE GRID BUBBLES.dyn (17.8 KB)

Hi @LIFTED-TACOMA,

I dont have a lot of time at the moment to look into your script, but is the rotation of each view in the same direction? It could be that the Python script uses the Project North to determine on which sides the Grid Bubbles need to be placed. (whilst your view is perhaps rotated away from that.)

thanks @Daan for your response. that would make sense that would cause this issue. however that isnt the case. the views are all created with the same orientation, that is why i am thinking that this has something to do with the python script.

It depends on the draw direction. The toggles aren’t for top/bottom and left/right, they’re for start and end. If you draw one grid left to right and another right to left they will have mismatched bubbles. You need to get the direction (vector) for your grids to know whether to toggle the start or the end.

@Nick_Boyts I remember reading this information on a post that you actually responded too. I guess my next question would be, if you are doing a copy/monitor and copying from a linked model, you really can’t ensure that they are drawn correctly. I was able to put this together to get what the vectors are. and it looks like they are all drawn the same. unless i am seeing this incorrectly.

i tried to copy and paste from the drop down but cant figure that out. is there an easy way to be able to rotate them if they are not in the same direction?