I recently started working with some bigger scripts that will make adjustments to sheets in bulk. As we have 200+ sheets that work identical, automatic sheet makers would be amazing.
Now I have a few questions regarding the TransactionManager, of which I couldn’t really find in-depth info:
- In larger scripts; is it good practice to start and end it at each definition? Or is starting the Transaction once per script enough?
- Do I have to regenerate the doc? Let’s say I wanted to place a sheet, place viewports, and then read some info about their location, is the doc then updated automatically?
- Is it possible that data differs when a transaction is not started?
- When specifically, is the TransactionManager really needed (or is it always good practice to start it in any script)?
- Could you explain why one would use Commit using the Transaction, instead of just changing data. Let’s say I wanted to change a parameter, I don’t need a Transaction for that, right?
Thanks so much for any response!