Getting View Template Data

This is following on from another thread where the user was looking to get access to the view template parameters via Dynamo. @Konrad_K_Sobon has produced a great set of nodes to do just this allowing you extract and adjust your view templates as you need to.

This has now raised the question as to whether we can delve deeper into the Template itself and get info on the parameters themselves such as the state of the categories within Visibility Graphics or Filters. From a management point of view it would be very useful to see what alterations people are making to templates between projects and also help plan and apply new templates to projects.

If anyone has any ideas on how this could be achieved that would be great (personally I’ve no idea at this point where or how you would start to do this!)

Link to original thread for reference : Setting View Templates Includes

Cheers

K.

2 Likes

Any progress on linked model visibility graphic overrides, by any chance?

Bumping this to see if anyone knows if there is any way to get at these values?

I’m specifically looking to boolean query whether within a view template each link under its Revit link display settings is set to ‘Custom’ as below.

(Gonna shout some people out who know their stuff, apologies if this is a faux pas. Title could also do with changing to something like ‘Trying to get view template parameter values’?)
@Konrad_K_Sobon @Nick_Boyts @c.poupin

RVT Links tab is still unavailable from the API unfortunately.

1 Like

Bugger, thanks for getting back to me anyways.

Is there anywhere you can go to request API additions? Is it one of those Autodesk voting systems somewhere?

Yeah, I would think the Revit Ideas forum would be the best place to request these features.

It’s a bit soul-destroying looking in there and seeing posts from 2016 that still haven’t been implemented.

Not sure if it’s even bloody worth throwing my suggestion into the 540-page void haha.

Thanks for the link though

Hi,
to vote