Filtering a list using the sublist value as a condition (sublist is a string value)

Hi, I am new to the dynamo, so please apologise if this query has been solved before.

I am trying to take specific data’s regarding cost from an excel spreadsheet into Revit through the dynamo. I have a list of materials (its name, area and volume) and their associated cost values. I want to filter a specific material, let’s say Brick (from the figure attached), and extract all the relevant information for the specific material.

Is it possible with a dynamo to filter a list using sublist value as a condition?

Hi @Suba95 ,

Welcome to the Dynamo community :slight_smile:

Try something like this:

Filter if Material is Brick.dyn (25.8 KB)

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. The second graph suits well for my use.

I was trying to filter values from a specific index (here, the index is [5]), and the corresponding value is 5.05. But, when I apply the boolean mask, I am getting the following error. Are there any possibilities to solve this?

Hi @Suba95 ,

It seems like you are comparing a list with only 1 level against a list with 2 levels. See my image below:

If you change the list levels on the BoolMask filter it should work as expected :smiley:

Yes, I got it right now. Thank you for your help.

Please mark the post as solved if you’re all set. Keeps the forum tidy.