[Feature Request] Freeze multiple nodes in one click?

I have to freeze multiple nodes one by one.

Is it possible to select multiple nodes then freeze them in one click?

Freezing a node freezes everything down stream of it. So, if you freeze the first node you need it will do the rest down stream or dependent automatically.

Thanks, I know I can freeze the upstream node to avoid freezing multiple downstream nodes.

The reason I want to freaze the downstream nodes, because they take long time.

and sometimes I need to view the the results of the midstream nodes, if I freeze the upstream node, I can’t view those results.

Could you maybe show a quick little example of what you want. Not sure I am following completely.

I want to freeze the nodes in the red boxes in one click, and waht to see the results in other nodes.
If I freeze the upstream nodes, all other nodes will have no results.

As far as I know, there isn’t a way to group / freeze multiple nodes at a time. Do any of these nodes have outputs and/or are they geometric nodes that you could turn off the preview vs freezing them?

These nodes create elements in the revit, it takes long time to run

One way would be to use a wait or a a single (design script / python) gate node that has two inputs. One of the elements and one input is a bool toggle that you could wire up to each one of the nodes. If you were to freeze the single toggle then all of those when then freeze. Its a bit hackish, but would make it a single point to turn those off specifically.

1 Like

Would the following be of use once i release this version of DynaStandard?

Note: This version of DynaStandard is currently unreleased as i need to do some QA and update Readme prior to release.

2 Likes

Make sure there are no element bindings as you build the graph. Search the forum for my post on how to do this, or watch the AU session I presented on the topic in 2019.

1 Like