FamilyInstance jumping from insertion point but comming back in place after reselection

Hello everyone,

I have a weird problem. The script I made inserts families in certain points along a curve, but some of the families jump from the point where them should be, but after I select another family in the family Types node, run the script and reselect the first family and run it again it stays temporally in the right place, but it may jump again and the reselection has to be done again.

In the image below i inserted how it looks when it does that weird thing and how it should look.

What kind of placement does your family use? If you read the instance location back during the same run, do the coordinates match or does it say the instance wasn’t placed correctly?

The first family is placed by point at the start of a trimmed curved. the next one is placed by point on a point choose on the curve at a certain length. Those points are used again to make a vector used to rotate the families along the curve

Depending on how you’re “getting” those points, your graph may be executing out of order at times causing the elements to be created before the location of their placement points are finalized.

Try freezing the placement nodes and letting your graph run once before creating the elements. If that helps you’ll probably want to look into “wait” nodes.

It would also be helpful if you could show the entire graph, with node preview bubbles pinned, so that we can actually see what’s going on.

Very funny, i had similar problem with placing openings. Try to add FamilyInstance.Location node after FamilyInstance.ByPoint. In my case it helped.