Dynamo Processing Limit - Wall/Floor Intersect

I’m trying to find the intersecting surfaces between all the walls in my project and all the floors and structural framing. I’ve done this by first making solids of the elements and using Geometry.DoesIntersect method to create a nested list of elements that intersect with each wall.

Wall list
[0]Wall 1
[1]Wall 2

Floor/Framing list
[0]Wall 1
[0] 1st intersecting element
[1] 2nd intersecting element
[1]Wall 2
[0] 1st intersecting element

Then by getting the faces with Element.Faces and using Geometry.Intersect to find whether the surfaces have a point, line or a surfaces. From here I’ve got all the intersecting surfaces.

The problem I’m having is that everything works fine on a small model. 100 or so walls with about 100 floors/structural framing members. When trying to run the graph on a larger model it just crashes. I was wondering if there’s some limit that Dynamo can’t process. And if there’s a less labour intensive way to achieve what I’m trying to do

Show us your attempts

I thought this was an interesting response considering I’ve outlined the process. But then I found this

Replying to another post to get the answer to your own post with no intention of helping whatsoever, very sneaky alibabon :wink: Your answer is in my original post :slight_smile: