Dynamo Numbering Returns null when start with 4 digits

Hello everyone, I am trying to make numbering with the script I created with Dynamo, but when I make numbering with 4-digit numbers, it writes null in the schedule. In 3-digit numbers, the numbering behaves as it is, starting with 1000 and starting with 2000 also behaves normally, but I think there is a limit because as soon as I start from 5000, it returns null. I tried to do it on the integer slider with different math operations and different limitations, but the result is the same. What can I do to not return null?

Try it in a codeblock maybe?

Thanks, this is also a solution, but this will be a dynamo player input, I need to change it via dynamo player when the start and schedule are open. I will not always use the same numbers in every project

This any better :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the screenshot you are starting at 5000, ending at the count of items, and adding one at each step.

Assuming the count is 4999 or less, there is no way to start at 5000 and add 1 repeatedly until you get 4999. Dynamo knows this and just returns null.

A better solution would be to provide the starting number, the amount of iterations you want, and the step value.

In a code block that is start .. #count .. step;, or you can use a sequence node.

1 Like