I am working on a model for a segmental tunnel- it is based on an alignment string in CAD i.e. a 3D polyline that defines the path.
The process I have used so far (and it works) is:
- Divide the alignment string in Rhino or Civil3D at specific intervals and export to CSV. (Rhino is the quickest & has best results)
- Read the CSV file using Dynamo and insert adaptive family between points.
Rather than using Rhino/CAD to genetrate the points, I am trying to do it all in Dynamo- my process is:
- Select CAD import in Revit
- Extract the geometry (a polycurve consisting of multiple curves)
- Create a new NurbsCurve through the points of the curves
- Divide the NurbsCurve by distance (necessary because Curve.DivideCurveByDistance will not work on a polycurve)
The problem is that the divisions start off correctly (should be 1700mm)- but then increases before going back to the defined distance
You can see this in the vector lengths and also the model.
So the question is essentially how to divide a polycurve by a specific distance