Dictionary.Keys - getKeys, How to use this node?

Hello,

Does anybody know a key value? Any practical example? I don`t know how to use it.
Does anyone has an example

KR

Andreas

Hey @Draxl_Andreas,

Have a look here:

https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/BuiltIn/Action/GetKeys

i know this example, but it is not working? even in theory, what is the practicle use behind this note?

A dictionary is a list and a second list that correspond to one another

2 Likes

… i can create my own index (?)

That could be usefull for annoting elements, maybe with a room ID…

…CreateDictionary… I don´t have it, which package is it?

KR

Andreas

Lunchbox and Springs and OOTB

2 Likes

I recommend to stick to the out of the box version. I have seen some VERY impressive use of those nodes.

There is a pretty good breakdown of them on the blog here (half way down): To Dynamo 2.0 and Beyond - Dynamo BIM

Maybe I’ll do another write up similar to the element binding post I made that goes into the capabilities in greater depth later. Lemme know of there is interest.

1 Like

make it so!

Ok since it took less than a minute to get a request I’ll put it on my backlog.

Hopefully there is more free time this month than when it took me FOREVER to get around to write the one on element binding.

there was a lot of info there, so if your next piece is as good as that one i’ll be happy to wait :slight_smile:

I am having this same issue. how do we make the keys and its values align in an a,b,c,… format

@yugee ,

After years i found plenty of practical use! dictionaries you understand fully when you also look at python topics… … you can repost the topic! you will find help

:slight_smile:

It’s for those elements that can’t have the same parameter value like room number or scope box names (for example)

1 Like

thanks for this… but is there a way to get it done in sets/series without typing the keys and values out individually

so it’s not meant to be organised, is just for retrieving of info?

2 Likes

Yes

If you want to select more then one item try the SelectionSets nodes if it gets too complicated.

@yugee ,

my favourite is groubbykey or group by function sortby function! they are realy stright forward!

More examples please, they are most welcome, keep in mind: every day there’s something new to learn :slight_smile:
thnx

1 Like

Thanks all, this was very useful… gracias