Determine if dimension is arc length

Hi there,

I would like to add a custom symbol to the arc length dimension with dynamo. I’ve created a graph to match dimension type name and modify its prefix. However I’d like to determine if the dimension element is an arc length with a more reliable way such as a builtin parameter or smth. Do you have a suggestion to select arc length dimension only?

this is what I’ve done so far, any help is appreciated. thanks

1 Like

You need to get and filter by the “DimensionStyleType” of the dimension then you can filter out the others to do what you want.

Thank you for the suggestions however when checked with the dimension type style for arc length what I got is “Linear” as well. I suppose there has to be a distinctive property of arc length but couldn’t find it. I need your further helps, thanks.

There is a style called arc length and it should be giving that, the other way is to get the curve of the dimension then check the type of curve if it is a arc.

If it is a arc then you continue with assigning a parameter prefix.

Brendan I couldn’t justify what you have suggested. I tried many different ways to get a relevant information about arc geometry to no avail. I’d be glad if you could show a small snippet when you have time.

Hi @Serhan_Bakir

The difference between Arc and linear Dimension is Linear Dimension has Baseline Offset Parameter while the Arc doesn’t.

2 Likes

Hi Kulkul,
Thanks for the tip! Depending on “Baseline Offset” parameter I can isolate arc dimensions. I added a control for dimensiontype.style to filter out angular dimensions from previous list.
So it became a handy one for me with your help guys, thanks you!