Coulmns dimension getting null values at last node

sorry but I didn’t see that you asked me about any node but yes the custom nodes are from genius loci

It will be of great help if he sees the article here
@GavinCrump

The likely issue is some of your columns are rotated so the named references are not parallel to the intended grid sets. You will need to choose the reference names based on the family rotation which I don’t do in my example.

Scenarios like this are why I avoid dimensioning on the channel. Most dimensioning exercises are very specific, and it takes a lot of work to develop scripts and tools which account for the myriad of possibilities a dimensioning tool could encounter.

If the task is project specific or highly predictable Dynamo is good for dimensioning, otherwise the time/effort balance might justify exploring addins developed towards these tasks more generally.

2 Likes

hi, it could be nice to retrieve the grids using a read-only parameter (too bad the relative coordinates are rounded)

cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

hi, you can try (adaptation to be made according to your language on revit) this script
I used GeniusLoci and Clockwork packages to manage family handorientation
and a python script to reverse the list of references following the orientation of the familyinstance
Forum english 240501.dyn (58.3 KB)

python script (definitely improveable)

import sys
import clr

listref=IN[0]
vec_x=IN[1]
cont=[]
cont2=[]
for i in range(len(vec_x)):
    if vec_x[i]==1 or vec_x[i]==-1:
        cont.append(listref[i])
    else: