Convert integer to double

how can i convert integer to decimal

Just add a decimal.
x + 0.0;

Then why is this not working?

That doesn’t seem to be about the height. Can you confirm all the other input types?

You can see the list below the code block you have suggested. It shows integers, not decimals.

Use an Object.Type node. It doesn’t show trailing zeros, but it’s still a double.

Ok. Object Type showed that its a double, but why do I see in this warning “method not found 'Double”? I’m sure that other inputs are good because I’ve tried everything using another output node and it worked. That node does not allow me to set the location line of a wall, which is a reason I wanted to try this node.

What package is that node from? Can you try it with just a single wall? I’m specifically thinking the locationLine is the problem. If you hover over the input does it say it should be a string?

Yes it does say string. It comes from package WombatDynamo.

See if the package also has a node for wall locations. It should.

It doesn’t have it. My only conclusion is that the node is not working. Do you by any chance know some other package that has a similar node?

It may be that wombat isn’t set to work with the unit type changes which started in Revit 2022.

1. Ensure the package is the latest version.
  2. Try the latest version of the node in Revit 2021 and see if that works. If so, we likely can chalk it up to the unit types changes.

If it’s a unit type change, you can try reaching out to the can confirm that the package author to see if they can get an updated version released, but it’s likely best to find an alternative solution.

I am not aware of another node to replicate this, so as an alternative, you can try the following:

1. Build a set of polycurves for the results from the room boundaries node.
  2. Get the thickness of the wall type you’re looking to place.
  3. Offset the polycurve by -1/2 of that thickness
  4. Explode the offset polycurves into individual curves, and flatten the list.
  5. Generate the walls from the exploded curves.
2 Likes

Can you please give me the nodes for creating polycurves and exploding them? I wasted half of my day trying to dig them out…

Polycurve.ByGroupedCurves
Polycurve.Curves

Thanks

Yes! Thank you! Thanks to you, I finally achieved what I wanted.

1 Like