Combining two lists with different lengths

Hi,

I have this bunch curtain walls with lots of curtain panels that I need to number. The number format is “CurtainWallMark.PanelNumber”. I successfully copied the curtain wall mark to a shared parameter called “PeleVidroCodigo” with another graph, and thought that would be easy to combine the value at “PeleVidroCodigo” to a number, but it isn’t.

I’m guessing there’s something to do with list levels, but I can’t figure it out.

Here’s the result. All the panel’s marks should begin with “PL01.B” to match “PeleVidroCodigo” parameter, and each panel should have an unique 4 digit number. Even better, an unique 3 digit number if the sequence restart at every curtain wall.

Hi Rodrigo,

Have you tried to flat the list of Element.Panels and plug it into Element.SetParameter without @L2?
Also, can you show us what is the end result you want to achieve? I´m not confident if the schedule at the end of your message is the end result to pursue. Thanks

1 Like

I guess it worked! But returned this error message:

The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, Revit.Elements.Element)' and 'Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, string)'

Following the images:

Does Janela Pask have the parameter PeleVidrioCodigo? If not the error is coming from there.
Else, you have at least a null value inside the GetParameterValueByName.

1 Like

I’ll be honest to you: it’s numbering the panels I need, correctly so I won’t bother to find the rogue panel.

If I wanted to restart the numbering sequence every time I had different value for “PeleVidroCodigo”, where would I adjust the graph?

Thank you

List.GroupByKey and List.Count with longest lacing would be good places to start.

Most of the issues you are having so far can be resolved via list lacing and levels. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for picking this up after so long…

So, I tried what you recommended, but somehow gets messed up. I put a filter so I do not count empty panels and the graph run smooth with no warnings. However, returning to the model, the marks skip some numbers when the curtain has joined panels for doors and such.

Here’s the link for the test model already with the result of the first run. PL06-A, as an example, skips *.0002 and *.0003, and the 3 panels sliding system its marked PL06-A.0006. I noticed other cases along the curtain panel schedule.

What did I miss?

(upload://p7xUcOB1xgLOUdV5wduehSuNrDE.dyn) (35.8 KB)