Change Model Space UCS

Is it possible to change the model space World UCS with Dynamo? I want to create keynotes that are relative to a rotated coordinate system. I can’t seem to make Dynamo understand that the UCS needs to change.

Can you show an example?

I am adding keynote leaders to model space blocks and I have a viewport that is twisted 270d from the World UCS. I would like for dynamo to change the UCS so that the keynotes come in aligned to the viewport.

Can you show this part?

Label Xref Blocks.dyn (124.0 KB)

You bet!

You can create and set UCS definitions with the Arkance Systems Node Library. Maybe that will help?

2 Likes

You could also try using the Object.Transform node to rotate the MLeaders after you’ve created them.

2 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll give those ideas a try.

Does this (or perhaps I should say could this) allow transforming the “origin” point to something closer to the object origin prior to bringing things into the Dynamo environment, and then transition back once elements are created?

crosses his fingers

1 Like

Smart thinking, but unfortunately no. Only the Editor functions like Select respect the UCS, all other (like an Alignment’s startpoint or endpoint) look at the WCS.

2 Likes