Blockreference.create removes existing blocks

Hello everyone,

I’m using the Blockreference.create command to place multiple blocks at different coordinates according to the gps-data of all the images in a certain folder. This works fine the first time, but if I select a different folder afterwards, it removes some of the blocks it already placed earlier.
For example: I select a folder with 90 images, and Dynamo correctly places these 90 blocks. Afterwards, I select a folder with 30 images. Dynamo correctly places these 30 blocks, but it removes 30 from the previously placed ones. It always removes exactly the same amount as it is placing.
Is this a bug, or does anyone know if this is a specific setting within the Blockreference.create-command?
Thanks in advance!

Hi, this has to do with element binding.
If you search this topic on the forum i’m sure you’ll figure out why its happening & how to prevent it :slight_smile:

Hey, you were correct, it was indeed the problem of element binding. I’m not a programmer myself so I can’t really modify the code to deal with it, but I found a workaround that solves my issue for the time being. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Great!