Automate placing Pipe Accessory (Valves)

I think I fixed it and I have updated the package.

1 Like

Okay i will give it a shot. WELL the python script seems to not be working anymore on my end,

Okay I think I have a better Idea I want to change the whole thing to put just a hanger at either end of a pipe 1’-0" (adjustable) offset. Then dimension those items on my sleeve plans & let the field pop a chalk line between the points and place embed for hangers every 4’-0" along the line.
Might not even need dynamo if I were to incorporate a visibility setting on my elbows-tees to turn on a plan symbol that i could dimension from.

Hi T_Pover,

First of all, are you the creator of the MEPover package? If so, I’m very grateful!

And then the question: I try to automate the placing of flanges next to pipe accessories. Most of it works fine, but I have a few problems:

1. The node MEPfitting.ByPointsAndCurve only adds a few flanges, usually two or one, but should add more, like 12 in example shown below.
  2. The added flanges doesn’t show up in the output. This is a problems since I need to flip them and connect them etc.
  3. When placed on diagonal pipes, there is a small offset. See image below.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

Furthermore, I need to figure out which of the flanges I should flip, and how to flip them. The node FamilyInstance.Flip from WombatDynamo doesn’t flip flanges:( Any input on these issues are also most appreciated!

Not sure if people are following this tread anymore, but anyway I have answered my own questions and more in this tread:

1 Like

Amazing this is the way handle my problem, can you give me Python Node? @T_Pover