Auto Join Walls and Columns

The example script you sent works exactly opposite of what you suggest. The Duct (in a linked model) is used to cut holes in the Structural Framing in the host model.

Actually - the way this script works is that it looks at the duct in the linked model - gets it’s geometry, then uses the intersection of that geometry and the structural framing geometry to get an outline of the opening that is needed, then creates an OpeningByFace using the calculated outline. So in reality - the duct is not cutting the framing at all. The Opening By Face (which is a manually drawn if working in Revit without Dynamo - this script just automates the manual drawing of the opening) is what actually cuts the framing.
ByFace

If the duct were deleted from the link - the opening would still exist (delete the entire linked file and the opening will still exist). This is different than what would occur if using join behavior in the same host model - delete the duct and there would no longer be a join (since one of the two things being joined no longer exists) so the hole would also be non-existant.

To your second question - it would be possible to look at the location line of a cable tray/duct/pipe/etc and determine the angle between the that line and the face of a wall, and then only create an opening if the angle is within some set tolerance of 90 degrees.

Lastly- i think both of your questions are good, but are off-topic from the original thread. Please post new topics on these or search for similar topics such as these:

Thank you So Much Ben, I didn’t expect this kind of replies from you.
Apologies for late reply as i was out of station. I have many new questions. I want to sit a day to post the questions with the Snapshots for your understanding. Hope you will be reply for those too.

Once Again thanks in advance.

Regards

https://apps.autodesk.com/All/fr/List/Search?isAppSearch=True&searchboxstore=All&facet=&collection=&sort=&query=elements+joiner
Hello Mates, you can find here a plugin who let you join atomatically all elements in Revit project ! there is a lite and pro version ! i hope you will enjoy !

Is this topic still active? I tried to follow the steps in this post, but i failed!

I am trying to join geometry in a specific joinorder and do not want to join geometry which do not intersect.
For example wall shall always be cut an columns shall be the cutting object.
Mostly i am not sure how to use the list.filterbyboolmask command and how to use multiple loops in an python file.

Sadly i am not allowed to post my file. Maybe i am able to do so later.
I try to attach some photos. The list-failure says: the specified transformation is invalid.

Thank you upfront and regards
Ammo

2018-01-26%2013_43_29-Dynamo%20Autojoin%20Python%20Switch%20Join

This is my Python file, which should swith joinorder if the wall is the cutting object.

THis is my normal python file for joining the geometry.

i am sorry for three posts, but i can only post one file at the time and I try to forestall possible questions.

Thank you.

hi @Kulkul i get a warning when i use the Join geometry node.can you help me.
thank you1

Change the input nodes to element with a lower case e. :slight_smile:

Please help me guys
In this case i made automatic finish wall each room but my problem there is also a wall in door (see in revit Printscreen).the possible solution that i can see is to choose join command in revit but it’s take time. Can i know what is the additional node for this script to auto join the wall
thank you