Assigning a parameter value from a filtered list

Before flatten:

Warning: List.FilterByBoolMask operation failed. Specified cast is not valid.

Warning: List.FilterByBoolMask operation failed. Specified cast is not valid.

After flatten:

It looks like adding the flatten did work. The list itself doesn’t display the ‘value’ I want, but did filter it correctly and applied the parameter!

1 Like

What do you mean “the list itself doesn’t display the value I want”? Which list?

Did you expect the filtered list to display Oxygen? If so it does not display Oxygen but it is display only the elements with Oxygen as a value in the fabrication services parameter.

Lists are one of the hardiest things to wrap you head around but once you understand then the potential of what you can do goes way up.

Steven! I can’t thank you enough! Thanks for spending the time to help me through this. Yes, I did expect the filtered list to display Oxygen. I’m better understanding what’s going on now.

Curious if it’s possible to simplify this a bit. Can I copy the value in the Fabrication Service field and put it in a new project parameter? In this example I was using Comments.

Hi all, I have a similar issue that I can’t figure out why it doesn’t work in lower versions of Revit. I’ve tried adding the flatten node but it didn’t work either. May I know if this is some sort of bug or is there a way around? I’d greatly appreciate any suggestion. Cheers!

FilterByBoolMask needs booleans (true/false) for the mask.
You are feeding it strings (text).

Oh… I never knew its that simple. I would have never figured that out. Thanks heaps Marcel.

1 Like