Alpha-numeric detail numbering

Switching which nodes to which nodes specifically? Several screenshots above mention different nodes at different times… Makes it incredibly difficult to follow along out of the blue.

Wouldn;t make any sense for the Sheet.GetViewportsAndViews node to be causing problems. I am just returning the elements.

This statement is correct - the inclusion of views together with viewports gave me strange results. Any reason to blame the TitleBlock? Could the issue lie in the use of detail views vs drafting views?

@awilliams is referring to the latest screen shot with the red x through Sheet.GetViewportsAndViews - attached again for reference. Swapping Sheet.Viewports for Sheet.GetViewportsAndViews gave me the correct results. @john_pierson Would it be helpful to send you the .dyn file for you to look at?

I think I am following now. Also, Sheet.Viewports is a node from archilab. This was adding to the confusion i think

That wouldn’t make sense to me either, really strange but I can’t recreate it. Apologies for the confusion - I thought it was Hollandaise because that’s what is referenced in the AU workshop handout from Nate Holland that this workflow appears to have followed

@AW_Rash any chance you’d be able to share a stripped down version of your Revit file with just that sheet?

If memory serves I believe that Hollindaise culls nodes from arhi-lab? I could be wrong here…
@awilliams I believe I can get something to you but it might not be until later in the day. Any problem waiting on the request?

Sure no rush at all! I’m honestly just curious to see whats going on

I took a different tack on figuring out the module names.
Rather than using math, I just created two lists. One with the distance from the “origin” of the Sheet, and a matching list with the values.
That should make it a lot more customizable and flexible.
Well, technically, it’s 4 lists. Two for the horizontal, and two for the vertical.

RenumberByZone.dyn (60.2 KB)
Here’s a Zoomed in pic of the lists

The first row delineates where the boundaries are horizontally
Second row is that value to assign between those values
So anything less than 0.0 (left of the sheet edge) gets “0” anything between 0.0 and 7.00 gets “1”.
Vertically, anything between 0 and 4.375 gets “H”
Then the “1” and the “H” are concatenated later.

1 Like

After some troubleshooting we, (@Aaron_Maller & I), realized that I am supplying the viewports and views in different orders from my node. My bad. :neutral_face:

I will fix that ASAP!!!

-john

1 Like

@john_pierson Lol! I had made a handful of test cases trying to reproduce the error but admittedly never looked at your code (granted it likely would have been hard for me to discover anyway). I figured it couldn’t have been a fluke, otherwise I wouldn’t have tagged you into the conversation! :sweat_smile: Funny how some issues can appear so sparingly that the source becomes nearly indiscernible. I’m glad you followed up and figured it out! Thanks so much for your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh! @awilliams I’m so sorry I forgot to upload a model to you :frowning: My team and I are on a deadline and it completely slipped my mind… I will be sure to be more diligent in the future with responding to requests.
@john_pierson @Aaron_Maller Thank you so much for looking into this issue. Your hard work and persistence is inspiring - I’m grateful to be part of this community.

Apologies for opening this thread back up, but this is the exact problem I’m trying to tackle. My code works, but the number references the view at the bottom right corner, and I need it to reference the bottom left. I added the math abs and the min/max nodes as in the solution, but I can’t quite get the numbers right.