Adding text by Dynamo to Revit Conceptual Mass file

Greetings,
How can I add a text by Dynamo to a Revit Conceptual Mass file?
Thanks in advance,

This might be a start: Dynamo Dictionary

not available in conceptual mass I checked

the issue text is not part of conceptual mass as all annotation category

Hi @firas007noori ,

Can you place an annotation onto an Conceptual Mass without using Dynamo?

1 Like

@Daan Its 2 am here in UAE, so I might be sleepy :slight_smile: but no text in Revit Conceptual Mass!!?? I think no, there are none and thus no Dynamo for it. This is why I thought there was another way around it, or I am so sleepy to find it.

Conceptual massing environment adds a layer of complexity. This space is designed for ‘play’ not documentation, and as such annotations in general aren’t available.

Two possible work-arounds off the top of my head:

1. Build a generic model family called “note” or similar and put some model text into that. Be sure to make all the parameter values including text height, depth, and “Text” (which is the displayed value) parameter driven. These can then be placed manually or programmatically, and serve the purpose of communicating the textural content. The drawback is they are 3d objects so controlling the visibility will be tough, and they’re going to add some complex geometry to the model. Sparse use is fine as a result, but don’t get elaborate with it.
  2. Load the conceptual mass into a project and place the notes there. This is pretty straightforward as to how it works from the UI perspective, but gets a bit difficult from an automation standpoint. Writing the values you want to annotate out to an intermediate file, and then running a second command in the project environment after loading in the mass may be the fastest way to progress without some significant coding time. As difficult as this would be, it’d be my preference for a long term workflow involving more annotative complexity then “option 1” type tags.
1 Like

Thanks, Jacob, big help as always, thanks, mate.
For the conceptual mass, I do understand your meaning as it is for design not for documentation, but I do want to tell you that lots of design cases, like mine one here, I am making a slicer script in Dynamo that take any solid, and slicer it depend on the required height, and thus gives the result to the conceptual mass to later export it to CAD DWG to be cut, sometimes the availability of the text in the conceptual mass is for number and ordering purposes not for documentation.
As for your 2 suggestions, I took part of the second, and instead of conceptual mass I will export the slice to Revit Project Environment, then I used “TextNote.ByPoint” [Springs] and all is going well so far.
Thanks again my dear, as always you are a big help when needed.
Cheers,
Firas Noori

1 Like

Looking good!

1 Like

Thanks dear,
and I bet you still can remember this one :slight_smile:

1 Like