Adaptive families

how to rotate adaptive family to be perpendicular on the alignment using dynamo.

@gkhalifah ,

check out topics like this

KR
Andreas

1 Like

I saw this topic, actually I want a node can I use it to rotate the family because when I used “family instance set rotation” a warning message show, I find the angle of rotation but what is the node to rotate.

@gkhalifah ,

can you set it there?

KR

Andreas

1 Like

I will check actually I thought no isn’t, but does a relation between them?

I tried it can’t rotate.

An adaptive family can be transformed in any direction by building the desired coordinatesystem.

example

1 Like

so, I should find the coordinate system at each placement point then I can rotate the family according to angle, vector, origin? then feed it to “familyinstance.transform”
yes?

Right, you get the “before” CS, build a “after” CS and then transform the family from one to the other.
In my experience such rotations will often mess up the basepoint of the family, so maybe as a last step you will have to translate the family back in place.

edit: oh, you can not use the familyinstance.transform node I showed above, sorry.

You need this python code from the last post here to transform adaptive families:

2 Likes

thank you so much bro, I will check it.

follow this video at 6:00 min

1 Like

Step 1 is to identify how you would do this in the user interface.
If you want “perpendicular to the alignment” you likely should be in the massing environment or the adaptive family environment and not a project environment. You aren’t just picking a point in space, but picking a point on a curve and only those environments allow parametrically hosting to a curve.

Step 2 is to ensure that the adaptive family is built correctly.
You want it to be controlled by a particular point, adn that point wants a particular association to the curve. As such your family will need to have an adaptive point, and that point needs to have it’s properties configured correctly.

Step 3 is to finally move into Dynamo / the Revit API.
You can now start going about finding the ‘right’ node for each call. If the assumptions in the hosting logic above were correct, you likely want to look closely at the node AdaptiveComponent.ByParametersOnCurveReference.

1 Like

I got it Eng. Ramiz , we want to make the family according to the point of divisions of each span in the bridge and after that we can place the family according to the points on the bridge alignment actually its clever idea.
thank you.

1 Like