CAD Block location

Of course.

Projet1.rvt (3.4 MB) Projet1 - Plan d’étage - Niveau 0 - Eclairage.dwg (15.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks Alban for your helps :slight_smile:

Spectacular node Alban!
You just saved me 3 days of work. If we ever meet in person I’ll pay you a few beers ahah.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hello Alban,
What happens if i have to select one block inside the dwg file? I’m not finding way to work arround.
thx.

Hi,

You can filter the blocks by name and by location. Or you can edit the DWG file before linking it in Revit.

Hello,
But if i filter by name, how do i get de location of that block?

1 Like

Hello, I am trying to filter all CAD blocks by name. I succeeded but I can’t recover the point of origin of the filtered blocks

Can you help me please :smiley:

@Alban_de_Chasteigner

Wire the origin point from the CAD Block node into the list input of the List.FilterByBoolMask node.

2 Likes

Oh amazing thanks a lot.

But i didn’t know why my family aren’t at thé same place of cad block :s

:thinking:

Hard to say without seeing more. Best to start a new topic and attach a dataset and DYN.

1 Like

I will do that thanks

Hi @jacob.small ,
have you find the solution?

To this topic? Yes. It is marked as such. To another question? Not sure as it’s unclear what you’re looking at solving.

Best to start a new topic and provided what you’ve tried, and a sample dataset containing 3 instances, two of which should match your most common and one for the most complex condition.

I want to do the same script as you.
Filter blocks before placing revit families

I wouldn’t do it after linking into the project - the purpose of creating the family instances means that the data in the import is no longer valid, right?

Anyway, when I was practicing every time I needed to do something like this I’d open the DWG file in AutoCAD and use a data extraction on it, then create new family instances from the resulting data, removing the need to import CAD data into Revit (something I advise against in general).

Hi, could you explain me better?

Not sure what you need explained, but as you are asking around the issue in multiple places it’s likely best to start a new topic with a data set similar to what you have, as this thread is 5 years old and has a solution.