Window Replacement

Hi crew.
This is apparently the solution for window replacement in phasing.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/phasing-window-demotion-and-replacement-with-smaller-one/td-p/4498903

Has anyone had to replace thousands of punched windows using phasing?
Any hacks to get this to work in a more seamless fashion??

Thanks again.
Brad

After you demo the existing window and paste a new window in same place.
Change the new window type to your replacement and run this to correct infilling wall errors.

(Modelical and Clockwork packages used here)

Thanks David.
I’ll give that a go.

Add a Flatten node after the Wall Inserts node for processing of multiple openings.

At the moment just copying window instances and pasting to another phase doesn’t work.
Is there a way to read all the existing windows, find there location, then creating new versions in the new phase?
Creating a new family instance seems to work manually.

You could probably duplicate all windows and set their Phase Created parameter to New

Copying them and attempting to paste in the same place on the new phase gives me the error "Instances not cutting anything"
When I place a new instance of the window on the new phase, in the same place, it works.
That’s why I was thinking of placing all new families.

I tried something like this with the same result unfortunately…

I found this:

…I’ll give it a try too

I just published a package that has 3 nodes related to windows and doors called DominaDynamo. It would allow you to do what you are trying to. The only issue (and it could be a big one) is that it is ready for Revit in Spanish and you would have to change all the nodes that have to do with the name of revit parameters (usually between quotation marks).
I´ll show an image of the script I just tried and works.

I hope it helps…

1 Like

There is not much information about DominaDynamo online apart from this page: http://dominadynamo.com/utilidades-dyn/. What is its purpose exactly?

I´m sorry, I am still working on the webpage and it´s not ready yet. It will be a page with utilities, information and courses about Dynamo in spanish. You can download the package DominaDynamo from the Package Manager but as I said you would have to modify many of the nodes to make them useful in the English version of Revit.

And here is the English translation if someone find difficult to understand the graph in spanish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great. Thanks.
I’ll give it a go.

Hiya.
Just tried this script and it doesn’t seem to work for me?
I went through the following steps:

1. Selected the windows from the existing phase
  2. Selected the correct window replacement from the family type node
  3. Changed the current phase to new construction
  4. Then run the script.

Not much happened.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Brad

If your Revit is in English you have to edit the Python script in node “Puertas_ventanas en puntos_1 tipo” (in the red box)

In line 54 you have to change where it says “Altura de antepecho” by “Sill Height” (in any other version the name of that parameter). I think it should work that way. Plese, let me know.

Hiya.
I changed the Sill Height and didn’t have any luck.
Is there anything incorrect about my sequence of events in my previous post?

Your sequence should be fine. The node looks blocked although i suppose you have tried it with the node activated.
You could try to;
1 Doubleclick on the node,
2 Copy (ctrl+c) everything inside
3 Paste it in your script
4 Link the wires to the corresponding input nodes. Then run the script and see what is going wrong.
That method has helped me many times when custom nodes don´t work…