Where can I find a list of all available Classes in RevitAPI?

where we can find OfClass members like PipingSystemType

In the RevitAPI. Check out revitapidocs.com where you can browse all of the accessible classes.

I checked but i couldn’t find. if you don’t mind can you give me a screenshot

I actually do mind, simply because you haven’t even bothered to act on my advice. Took the best part of 3 seconds to find, but here it is anyway:

sorry. but my doubt was how we are deciding that we need to go pipingsystemtype classs after ofclass (i have very little knowledge in API)

Understood, then please provide as much information/communicate your question as clearly as possible so you don’t dig yourself a hole.

The OfClass() method expects an input of type System.Type. A class is a valid Type. So using Python, you can do this by passing the Type (class) name into the method. In your case: FilteredElementCollector(doc).OfClass(PipingSystemType)

However, if the above is still double-dutch, then I suggest learning the basics of Python. There is an abundance of resources, including @solamour Dynamo Python intro material which is a very good start and also explains how to make Revit API calls.

1 Like

Also, you should do research on these types of topics as that’s the only way you will learn. And its the age-old cliche: Google.
You have many lines of enquiry you could have done off your own bat which would have expanded on your original question:
“What is a type”
“Revit API OfClass”
“What is a class”
…would have been a good start.

Hi,
I undestand what you are talking about @SHIBUJOSE.I don’t know a list for all avaliables classes that you can use with FilteredElementCollector. Just search for a class and try it.

You can find directly in Revit API Docs all classes available in Revit API. Some of these classes you can use as a atribute inside OfClass() method.

For example, a View Class is a class and also a class that you can use with one FilteredElementCollector.

In my case, I tried to search for all Project Parameters in document. Tried to use Parameter class inside OfClass(), but failed. But, using ParameterElement it’s worked.

Best regards.