Wall take-offs based on shared spaces/rooms

So, as a starting point, I’ve been working with a script that Vikram shared in this post:

I’ve attached the sandbox RVT and the DYN. You’ll find that I’ve modified the script in the green code group to display all rooms with adjacencies. In blue, I’ve identified the rooms that touch the walls. The nodes in ungrouped clusters have not been vetted, but I appear to have some semblance of the information I’m collecting. The next thing I’m going to try and do is to create a new list of the adjacent Rooms in pairs. Then, I need to determine the overlapping lengths of shared boundaries; I’m thinking this needs to be done by getting the element locations of the Room Curves, and somehow compare it to the locations of the intersecting walls to identify which boundary item in the Room sublist needs to be “analyzed.” In this case, I’m thinking the starting and ending locations of the single boundary item will need to be compared, and with some coordinates math, I should get the common boundary length separating two Rooms.

Does this seem like the direction to go? Are there any nodes that will do some of this that I just don’t know about?

Thanks

And sorry for the oodles of nodes all over the place. That’s me trying to figure out what all of these nodes can do.

space_element_space.rvt (1.3 MB) 3.1 WallAdjacentRooms.dyn (85.1 KB)