Underground utilities (pipes) from Civil to Revit?

I need to model underground utilities in Revit per Civil plans. Unfortunately there is no way to model nor tag underground with standard tools. Civil gives me inverts while Revit works with center of pipes. For tagging I can get bottom of pipe (with spot elevation) but not real invert elevation. My idea is to use Revit pipes as ID of real UG pipe and use Revit insulation as pipe wall. This would solve tagging problem but i still have problem with modeling per civil. I think I can model per civil as is and then move pipes by OD/2 up… quick Dynamo task here is to move all pipes in specific workset by pipe OD/2… anyone can help? anyone has a better idea? anyone knows a workaround? thank you.

@ivanm, you should be able to export the pipe network as a solid element, then could read the centre line of the solid to get the centre line then you are sorted?

I made a quick graph, but then realized that you were modeling in Civil3D. Regardless, here is a Dynamo Revit graph which may give you some ideas:

Move Pipes.dyn (41.4 KB)

What if info on Civil pdfs is not matching Civil model… some crazy people love exploding/overwriting values… Overall your approach is the best but would take more coding and then QC’ing final product. Thanks a lot for your comment, i’ll definitely think from this perspective in the future.

yep, i kinda did the same with get/set value “Offset”… it worked ok. thanks for your comment cgartland.