Trying to solve the duplicated detail problem

Im sure someone has solved this or given up on it already but heres my swipe at it. Isolated the detail items ending in (1). Sperating their types and changing those to types of unduplicated detail items. deleting out the types ending in (1), potentially in another graph, once all instances in the model have been changed to the correct type.

Capture
Replace Duplicate Types.dyn (31.0 KB)

@jsanford sorry for the late reply, I hope this helps, I think it can be a more enhanced script, maybe someone else can try different approach.
The duplicates are supposed to be exactly the same as the original ones (Types and Instances).
Don’t forget the Boolean Node at the start.

1 Like

this is dope thanks!

1 Like

Please mark it as a solution if it works for you.

1 Like

So I was not able to get it to work. The part where you remove the last character in the string is applying to type names but not all of my type names got a number suffix when they were duplicated in, only the families did.

I think what you are looking for is a bit wide, for example, if there is a new type in the duplicate family, you cannot delete that family.
Anyways, check out this graph, it searches for duplicate types ending by 1 or 2. (naming convention has to be consistent, no space, otherwise a new rule must be set for matchmaking between originals and duplicates)
By the way, you do not need a graph to delete the duplicate families, just purge the file from detail items.

1 Like