Suggestion for Project Topics for M.Tech Thesis

Hello Everyone,
I am currently doing my M.Tech Thesis in Construction Technology and Management from NIT Trichy, India.
I am little bit confused about my topics, so can anyone suggest me some topics for my project which include Revit and Dynamo. It is a 8 months project.

Thank You.

Regards!!

What is your level of skill in revit/dynamo, what are you interests in the industry, it sounds like you’re asking for a problem statement which should really be decided by yourself from your desire to change or investigate a topic of interest to you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Remember Dynamo and revit are simply tools to achieve a goal, possibly smarter and more efficiently than doing it the conventional way, but still just a tool.

2 Likes

I am just a beginner. Can you suggest me a pathway to work upon…?

What are your focus area(s)? Is the idea to build your project around dynamo or use dynamo to assist your project? :slight_smile:

My Interest areas are Automation in construction, Energy optimization, Optimisation of budget and schedule. Both ways would work…either project around dynamo or dynamo as associate.

1 Like

Try looking into some of the publications by Kristoffer Negendahl, he is working within automation in energy design at BIG and his work might spark some ideas :slight_smile:

Thanks for suggestion. Can you suggest something for Optimisation of budget and schedule or I should quote like how I can club BIM and construction management

Actually instead of giving you a large reading list i think you’ll learn more from doing a literature study :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick replies and enlihtenment.
Regards!!

Actually environment for visual programming is not that much in my department. Will it be a problem in my work ahead…?

Thank you very much… :slight_smile:

@erfajo and @Jonathan.Olesen you guys said it perfectly - you need knowledge around what you want to do and around the concepts and around the software to use it well. Yes that’s a lot of ands, but when the sky is the limit there is no ‘one way’ to use these types of tools.

3 Likes