I created a set of tools to link a revit model to excel. It creates simple specifications and estimates books.
You can check on www.standardist.org
Hope this can help.
Feel free to use it, and upgrade it.
Version 1.1 released, changes from previous version (1.0) :
IN DYNAMO FILE
- replacement of unstable array code
- simpler filters linking quantities and families
- duplicate keynotes on materials and mullions now possible
- duplicate check on families now included in core file
- error message box if keynote list problem at import or export to revit and if main keynote input doesn’t exist in keynote file
IN EXCEL FILE
- cover title merge cells and wrap text
- simpler code
- grey cross : shorter alternative to change document type
- black cross : longer, complete reset of layout and print / page breaks (can now be used less often)