Sort coordinates from excel

Hello,
I’m trying to create floors by coordinates from excel. I manage to this with the help of the “chop list” node. But this won’t work if a floor is created with fewer or lesser points then in the example I made. In the excel sheet there is information about wihich floor the coordinate is located. So with this information I’m thinking it would be possible to construct a list that contains the coordinates from level 1 and another from Level 2 and so on, and feed this into “Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel”. I just don’t now how to sort it?

Thank you in advance

• You probably need to first split your list into separate sublists based on column G (levels) using something like List.GroupByKey
  • It is probably best to use something like Polycurve.byPoints using a list of points, rather than creating each line separately from start and endpoint. They’d need to be in the correct order going around the perimeter

You’ll have a better chance of getting a complete answer if you post your graph and Excel file, to save someone recreating it

Hello Andrew and thank you for helping, I will upload my graph and my excel sheet.

Gulv.dyn (33.8 KB) Vegger.xlsx (12.2 KB)

Refer attached

You don’t need the first 3 columns in your spreadsheet- just need to list the points (in consecutive order around the perimeter) for each level.
If these points are correct (i.e. no duplicate points), you can remove the PruneDuplicates node

Gulv v2.dyn (28.8 KB)

1 Like

Nice Andrew! That works perfect! Thank you so much for taking time to help me.