(Solved) Importing details from excel into instance properties palette for multiple elements

Hi all, I am a new dynamo learner here and I was trying to import some details from excel into instance properties palette for multiple elements in a Revit project. However, I only able to import the details for individual element even though I selected more than one elements. I don’t know how to explain this properly but I would be thankful if anybody can help me with this.

So, here are what I have. When I pressed run it only change properties of only one element.

Can you turn on the node previews so we can see what’s going on?

HI Nick_Boyts, thanks for reply here is the node previews;

It works fine if I only select an element but when I tried to select multiple elements it seems to update the parameters of only one element and the rest remain the same.

Lacing issue by the looks of it. Set the lacing to longest on the Element.SetParameter nodes and see if that solves things.

You may want to review the Dynamo Primer, specifically the ‘working with lists’ section, as there are much more efficient ways to build this in Dynamo.

1 Like

Thank you JacobSmall that works!!!
By the way I tried to tidy up my graph as shown in the picture below and I’m facing with the same problem even though I already set the lacing to longest on the Element.SetParameter nodes. So I’m just wondering if there is a way to solve the same problem? Thank you very much for your help.

Lacing is only part of the solution. List levels also matter. Try using @@L1 for the element input.

1 Like

JacobSmall,

Thanks a million both solutions worked perfectly for me!!! I’m so glad you saw my post, thank you again!

Glad it helped. Please mark a post as the solution so others can also learn by following your footsteps in the future.

1 Like