Setvar getvar

Was it my imagination (or an AutoLISP flashback), but did I see nodes somewhere for setting and getting variables to be reused within a graph? Please advise.

You’re looking for the Prorubim DS Common Kit package

1 Like

[quote=“Dimitar_Venkov, post:2, topic:4791”]
Prorubim DS Common Kit package
[/quote]It does indeed have those nodes. Is there a trick to getting them to work? GetVar is blank even after a reopen of the DYN.

At this stage it only works with core input types, minus code blocks.

[quote=“Dimitar_Venkov, post:4, topic:4791, full:true”]
At this stage it only works with core input types, minus code blocks.
[/quote]Variable, but not too variable.

Is there another way to do it, like using def in a code block?

Partially. Let’s say you want to call a material or a floor type, then you can totally do that as a DS function with no inputs like so:

4 Likes

[quote=“Dimitar_Venkov, post:6, topic:4791”]
Partially. Let’s say you want to call a material or a floor type, then you can totally do that as a DS function with no inputs like so:[/quote]Very good. Is there a way to store a variable list to be reused in the DYN?

I’m not sure I follow you. Could you reiterate on that? Maybe post an example.

In the image I posted, the variable I wanted stored was a list of Family names that I wanted to use in many different places in the graph.

I just ended up copying/dragging the result from that Family.Name node all over the graph.

Well, you can definitely extend the DS function method with two nodes from ampersand and clockwork:

1 Like

Clever but it is still static, not variable

You’re a tough customer :smiley:

If you don’t mind writing to an external buffer, you can always utilize the “File.FromPath” node:

5 Likes