Setting default folder location - Dynamo Player

I’m struggling to get my colleagues dynamo player pointing to the same folder each time they open dynamo player.

I have found this post which looked to be what I needed.

However it doesn’t seem to have worked.

I did as it said and opened up Dynamo player in Revit 2018. Once I had navigated to the correct folder I closed dynamo (but not Revit), copied the folder \dynamoplayerinstance 1 from my machine and pasted it into the same location on a colleagues computer. But it doesn’t appear to be working.

Has anyone else had trouble with this or found another work around?

Thanks,

Hi @JAC

Instead of copying and pasting did you try to select manually location in your colleagues pc.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-3A6479AF-A11B-4A5D-9824-40A6B33F9F57

2 Likes

Hi @JAC, the workaround you referred to should work. There is a small difference however between player for 2017 and 2018. For 2018 and above player cached data is located in c:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\dynamoplayer-2… Everything else remains the same. Check to see if desired location is actually saved first time you setup the cache. Can you give it another try considering all this ? Thank you

3 Likes

Our other office was in the process of moving (along with its servers) so it was struggling to find the folder on their network where the definitions are in some peoples cases.

Thank you for the suggestions though.

Find all settings for Dynamo Player in this file (open this file in a text editor):
As an example Revit 2023:
%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\dynamoplayer-5\2023\User data\dplayer\AppSettings.json

In this file Dynamo Player stores paths for scripts, for exmaple:
[{“displayName”:“Dynamo”,“fullPath”:“C:\Dynamo”,“id”:“1696244203260”,“isRemovable”:true,“order”:2,“isDefault”:false},
{“displayName”:“Dynamo”,“fullPath”:“C:\”,“id”:“1696244203261”,“isRemovable”:true,“order”:3,“isDefault”:false},
{“displayName”:“Dynamo”,“fullPath”:“D:\”,“id”:“1696244203262”,“isRemovable”:true,“order”:4,“isDefault”:false}]

Note: “id” needs to be unique.
Note: Increase “order” count for next path.