Search folder of dynamo scripts for packages used

if I change it to python 2 it looks in the complete wrong place in R drive even though its hard coded to a folder in C.

How does this script actually open or background open .dyn files. Cause windows dosnt have a default .dyn program

The key is that .dyn files are just .txt files with a different extension. You can open them in any text editor and make any changes that way if you’re feeling ambitious. This is effectively what this Python is doing, be it in CPython or IronPython.

So this indicates that something not standard is at play here.

Can you answer a few questions to clarify what is happening?

1. Is this computer a physical machine which you could pick up and throw out the window in frustration, or is it a virtual machine or a machine in a remote location?
  2. If you did toss this computer out a window, would any other users have their work interrupted?
  3. Is the result different if you create the directory C:\Users\*yourUserName*\Documents\test\ and place a pair of .dyn files (literally any two files will do - but only put in two)?
  4. Is there any chance a shortcut was put into the directory, or are they only .dyn files?
  1. I could pick it up and throw it right into the guy next to me if I wanted.
  2. His computer and others would be fine
  3. No difference
  4. No shortcuts.

I tried to change the .dyn to open as text files but that didnt help

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dynamo makes me feel like an idiot genius. I think I’m close… but how to see whats not in use in all those…

Dont worry got it… Can I trust this information though…

Pretty much, but string comparison is always difficult. I’d go with the NodeLibraryDependpancies key of each file, which can be pulled like this:

Basically, instead of looking at the full string for all the values, this allows reading the data as it was stored in the JSON string which makes up the .dyn file (json is a means of formatting lists and dictionaries of data of almost any type in a string format). By pulling the dictionary values which are utilized we can get the data that way. This is what I was doing in the Python node; this node version will be slower, but if it works for you then all the better as it’d be a rather infrequent run.

1 Like

I learnt a lot through this endeavor today. Thank you

1 Like