Rotating plotted family instances based on ITM coordinates from excel sheet

Hi Guys,

I am trying to plot spherical family instances based on ITM coordinates from an excel sheet. I have them plotting correctly relative to the project base point (i.e. I reduced the ITM coords by the PBP coords). However, there is project rotation of 118.16 relative to True North.

I have read through multiple threads and tried various combinations of rotation commands but cant seem to get it to work. If I run the script as is, the spheres plot themselves, if I then rotate them within Revit itself they move to the correct location. The rotation has to be relative to the Project Base Point though, not to its own internal origin. I have attached images of my script, where the spheres plot including a highlighted zone where they should be, and also images of the coords reduced.

Any assistance you guys could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Kevin

May be try Rotate with Origin?
Did you try to create group of objects first and rotate group after?

I have tried multiple rotate nodes at various stages of the script. Can you provide an example of the rotation workflow you are referring to? I just want to see the node used and the inputs used. Thanks.

This one:

If you can post RVT example and DYN file, we’ll try to find out problem.
Also look at “Rotate By Custom Point” from Synhtesize package.

Vladimir, I have sorted it! I simply had to group the geometry (points) before adding to the rotate node and plotting objects. See image below.