Revit crashing when adding Package Path in Dynamo 2.0.1

but you did get it to work which tells me that the real issue here is:

• package manager
  • dynamo installer

The issue with Package Manager has been well documented over at the Git Hub’s issues page but the Dynamo team doesn’t seem to give a damn. I am sorry @Zach_Kron but there is no way around this. The package manager has been a pain in the arse ever since its inception and no changes were ever made to it. There was a lot of talk, interviews, consulting companies, countless github issues and no action whatsoever. I know it was placed on someone else’s TODO list, but that’s hardly a solution. Anyways…

…and there is the Dynamo installer, that ships with Revit, and does all sorts of weird stuff. I really don’t know what to tell people when they say: Oh I uninstalled Dynamo, and then tried again. Well as it happens I doubt that the uninstaller actually removes any of the relevant parts from the user computer. I know it leaves %appdata% stuff in place, and most likely some other files which basically means that users need to know that even after they uninstalled Dynamo, they still need to check some 3-4 odd locations on their drives to REALLY get rid of it. Of course that’s on someone else’s list of TODO tasks too…

This is infuriating because the blame gets shifted to package owners, that makes them look like bunch of slobs that can’t get a package together and cause crashes on user computers.

Cheers!

-K

10 Likes