Revit 2015 - UR9 breaks Dynamo (among other add-ins)


#1

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, I didn’t find any topics in my breif search, but after installing Update Release 9 for Revit 2015, Dynamo (among other add-ins) have stopped working, resulting in various error messages.

The first image is unrelated to UR9 (I believe) but a result of clicking on the Dynamo Version > Dynamo 0.8.2 icon rather than the most recently created Visual Programming icon, followed by the resulting error in the second image. The third image shows the error message received when clicking directly on the Visual Programming > Dynamo 0.8 icon.

2015-07-27_1735_001

2015-07-27_1735

 

2015-07-27_1736


#2

Hello Andrew Branch,

What was the version of Dynamo before installing UR-9?

UR-9 must have installed Dynamo 0.8.1 on your system right?

So after launching Revit 2015 with UR-9, if you go to Addin tabs, how many Dynamo Version are there in the drop down of Version Selector?

I am currently installing UR-9 on top of Revit 2015. I was having 0.8.0 las release build of Dynamo installed.

I will post my results soon.

Thanks,

Ritesh


#3

Hello Andrew Branch,

On further investigation by installing UR-9 for Revit Architectural 2015, everything seems working ok for me.

 

  • Was having Revit 2015 with UR-6 and Dynamo 0.7.5 and 0.8.0

  • Installed UR-9

I was able to launch Dynamo 0.8.1 on top of revit, see attached image.

UR-9 Revit 2015


#4

If you are using a daily build of Dynamo, we recommend uninstalling it before updating your Revit build to a new UR. Then you can re-install the daily.

Since you have already installed the UR, can you try uninstalling all builds of Dynamo (daily and 0.8.1) and then reinstalling the desired version of Dynamo.


#5

Sorry for my delayed response everyone, I figured that I would receive an email when someone responded to my post and that never happened. I have both 0.7.5 and 0.8.2, neither version was working. Just did a full uninstall/reinstall of Dynamo 0.8.1, same error within 2015.

Dynamo is working just fine within 2016, even after SP2.

I have many other add-ins that are throwing errors as well, Keynote Manager, ElumTools, etc. So much for pushing Application Manager to the masses, we were a day away from rolling it out along with Revit 2016 to 500+ users. I guess we’re stuck packaging and distributing updates the hard way.

 

Thanks for all of the responses.