Report Parent List Index

Hello!
Is there a way to report the parent list index?
Parent%20List

In screenshot - I’m trying to report that ScheduleSheetInstance’s parent index is 2, 7, etc.

Thanks!

Yes you can do it
search the list empty, then if the sub-lists are empty
Attachment:

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply. I did manage to get a report of the indices, but what I’m trying to do is get the information to tie back to each instance and this is where I’m getting lost. I thought if I could report the parent index of the list on the left, I could use list.map to associate the right sheet number to each schedule instance.

See screenshot - I want all of the ScheduleSheetInstances in List 5 to associate with ASK-002.

sorry, I did not understand
what do you mean by association

Hello!
Maybe some background. What I’m trying to do is make a Dynamo graph that will report all the sheeted legends and schedules in a Project file. I got Dynamo to make a list of the sheet numbers, a list of the legends and a list of the schedules, but I can’t figure out the last part, which is to associate the sheet numbers to the schedules and legends. See list 5, there are 3 items, so I need to associate ASK-002 with all 3 items. This is the excel schedule I’m trying to get dynamo to produce:

end%20Export

I confess that it is not clear
maybe that answers your question

Will the parent list ever have more than one item? You could just flatten the list and get the index that way.

Yes, some one have one, some zero, some multiple.

Unfortunately, the ScheduleSheetInstance output doesn’t carry Sheet number information (FYI, I’m using the Spring Nodes Sheet.Views+node). It does carry workset information, but when I try to report this, it only gives me numbers. Here is the Capture the whole graph.

@ achiHXDF8
This is how to multiply your list of numbers according to your schedules

Hello! It wasn’t quite right either, because not everything is in order. I did, however, figure out that the node I was looking for is from Orchid, called “List.IndexOf.” Here’s the completed graph:

Thank you for your help!