Remove some text characters from each item of lists

dynamo
#23

Right… That is the intention. One issue may arise, if there are more areas of same number what should happen… actually they should add in to single area for that floor.

0 Likes

#25

See how this looks…

Area Statement export to Excel-other aproach-MKA-2.dyn (75.4 KB)

0 Likes

#26

Hi
Thanks for the efforts. Basically this is in line of requirements, only thing is that the area types are getting repeated on the columns. They should align as per the area name.05-09.xlsx (10.2 KB)

0 Likes

#27

Hi Mark.
I am hoping that you will help out on the last leg of this :slightly_smiling_face::pray::pray:

0 Likes

#28

Last one? :stuck_out_tongue:
Area Statement export to Excel-other aproach-MKA-3.dyn (80.7 KB)

0 Likes

#29

Hi
Thanks at tone for this. For some reason it is showing “unresolved” in two nodes. Probably due to that the results are not showing.10-09-2018%201541

0 Likes

#30

Try installing the Orchid package…

0 Likes

#31

Be aware that you need to install Orchid from GitHub… Instruction are in the one node in the package from the Package Manager :slight_smile: oh… and both Dynamo and Revit need to be shut down when installing… :slight_smile:

0 Likes

#32

I installed Orchid package… but still getting this error.


Installed by following steps:

0 Likes

#33

Please read this…

0 Likes

#34

I think you did what you are supposed to, perhaps a full PC restart is required, if not head to Erik’s github and raise a query…

If you can’t get it working we can look at a Python solution

1 Like

#35

You should drag the List.Replace node from the library and erase the List.Replace node contained in the graph.
The “unresolved” error is probably there because of 2 different versions of the Orchid package.

0 Likes

#36

Hi.
Thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner
I tried this and the workflow seems to be working. 11-09.xlsx (10.3 KB)

Area Statement export to Excel-other aproach-MKA-3-NODES REPLACED.dyn (80.7 KB)

@Mark.Ackerley To some extent this is working, but not entirely. I am attaching excel, modified .dyn (those two nodes replaced) and screenshot showing the difference between schedule and excel. Thanks a lot for efforts.

0 Likes

#37

No worries, fingers crossed with this one!
Area Statement export to Excel-other aproach-MKA-4.dyn (87.1 KB)

0 Likes

#38

Yessssss… it works. :smiley:
Only some tweaking is required.

  1. The floors where there is no area need not come in schedule.
  2. When there are multiple areas of same name… they are not adding up.
    I feel really embarrassed that I am asking you too much to do. I would have loved to do some bit, but I am new so haven’t understood manipulating lists much.Thanks very Much.
0 Likes

#39

(Shuts eyes) Area Statement export to Excel-other aproach-MKA-5.dyn (98.4 KB)

0 Likes

#40

Perfect :smile:
Thanks a lot. Here is the result:


Now I will go through this in detail and try to understand what magic you did. :grinning:

0 Likes

#41

No worries, let me know if you can’t work it out.

If you could click on the final one as the Solution, it helps others who want to replicate your schedule.

1 Like

#42

Ticking on solution done. Just one more question… can you tell me where I can read / view more about the highlighted thing… I think called levels, and maintain structure ?

0 Likes

#43

Sure,
http://primer.dynamobim.org/en/06_Designing-with-Lists/6-3_lists-of-lists.html

1. We will start with a simple 3D grid of points.
2. Since the grid is constructed with a Range for X, Y and Z, we know that the data is structured with 3 tiers: an X List, Y List and Z List.
3. These tiers exist at different  **Levels** . The Levels are indicated at the bottom of the Preview Bubble. The list Levels columns correspond to the list data above to help identify which level to work within.
4. The List Levels are organized in reverse order so that the lowest level data is always in “L1”. This will help ensure that your graphs will work as planned, even if anything is changed upstream.

2 Likes