Remember Node

Is there a way to use remember nodes from Refinery in a new DYN without copy/paste into the DYN? I have a graph this crazy memory intensive and I’d like to split it into multiple files to save on memory.

Yes - you just need to place it from the library. If you don’t have the Refinery package showing it’s because it’s not installed on that particular build. Move it to Dynamo core or Dynamo Revit package locations accordingly, or add a new package directory.

Right, but how do I use it, once it has data remembered, in another graph? Do I have to copy/paste into the new one or is there a better, less user involved way?

Ah! Didn’t get what you were after. I’m not even sure that copy/paste would allow you to move stuff like that.

Perhaps you could use a series of switches to pass either null or the data from the remember node, saving once you hit the next Remember node and then discontinuing the prior switch.

Hmm, not the best workflow for users.

What was the intended use of these nodes?

For use in Refinery, so that data from Revit could be added to the graph without having to ‘go back to the well’ and open a Revit instance for 10,000 studies.

So not this. :laughing:

It does have many other uses though.

LOL – so not this – LOL

1 Like