Random 3D Porosity

I have been playing with water soluble material where I added it into my plaster mix and after the curing I dissolved it. Anyway, I would like to attempt modeling it in Dynamo so that I can render it at bigger scales.
1 - I tried “Math.RandomList”, but even that didn’t working for me (please point out my mistakes)
2 - Please suggest better ways to achieve this.

Porosity.dyn (15.8 KB)

Maybe T-Spline nodes can be of help.

1. In Dynamo go to Settings and Experimental to get the nodes.
  2. Google Dynamo TSpline or use the search in this forum.

Show us what you came up with

1 Like

This is my take at it so far. Random points on surface. I need to curve the line and shorten them is my next stem I guess.

Porosity02.dyn (39.5 KB)
Porosity02.rfa (428 KB)

1 Like

That’s very interesting, it seems to crash on me when I try.

For me it took some 20 odd seconds to calculate

Thanks Marcel.
I see, it must be doing some crazy amount of computing.

The image you have shown at the beginning - I wouldn’t call it completely random. You can clearly see some pattern / flow structure.
If you want to get closer to that with your result I think you have to find a model / system describing similar behaviour, like turbulent flows or some randomized Langton loops, field attractors…you have to dig:)

1 Like

Maybe you are right, I am not a physicist or mathematician.
But the process was very much like cooking spaghetti, and after it’s cooked and mixed well - I would say it’s pretty random. The fact that it’s a void, makes it look like there’s some order to it.

1 Like

Neither am I (physicist or mathematician) :slight_smile: - but those are interesting topics…
The simpler process works for you the better!

1 Like