Ramp Clearance Height graph

Looks like an interesting project, was it successful?

This particular version was not, but I did end up making a better version that was successful. If I get the time, I can upload the new version after cleaning it up.

That would be great, I had to do the same project but I checked distances from floor level to interfering elements. Your method seems effective.

Height Clearance Check.dyn (77.5 KB)

This graph will create a generic model representing the head height clearance of all floors and ramps in the project. That can be used for Revit’s built in interference check or for simple representation, etc. You can input the required height and the name prefix (for use with filters, etc). The file path has to be set to the generic model in your templates folder on your computer (i.e.: C:…\Family Templates\English\Metric Generic Model.rft)

I also have a similar one that works for stairs but that is more my private collection than one I am willing to share outright.

3 Likes

Got a bunch of errors starting from this one… any idea?

Can I see a picture of the floor or ramp you are trying to use?

I tested with the rme_advanced_sample_project in Revit 2018

Two things I found out.

One, I gave you the wrong script :joy: That one only works for ramps or floors without holes inside of them. Here is the correct one that should work for most floors but not ramps. Floor Height Check.dyn (75.1 KB)

Two, it appears that one of those floors (in mine it was index 5, you can check for nulls in the Element.Faces node) isn’t able to be exploded into surfaces. Not sure the reason but the rest are able to work and the graph functions as expected when it is removed.
This floor:

Not sure why that floor specifically cannot be used with Element.Faces. It would be something to look into and figure out why.

Works well, apart from that floor. Thanks for the quick response and the graphs. :slight_smile: Will let you know about the floor if I figure it out.

Is it because the boundary of the floor is not closed?

It could be. Maybe editing the floor boundary in Revit might show what’s wrong. I can’t test it out right now but when I have more time, I can look into it.

Close it with dynamo maybe? not sure how though

Try GroupCurves in archilab.

@kennyb6 It worked when the curve is closed, but did it manually.
@jacob.small Should I group and close with a line? I am not sure how to get this to Revit.